Which countries have recently opened their borders to Digital Nomads?4 min read
Which countries have recently opened their borders to Digital Nomads?4 min readReading Time: 4 minutes
In case you are looking for your new home or your next destination we might have a few tips for you. This is a list of countries that have recently opened their borders to DNs and are providing Digital Nomad Visa, that allows you to stay in these countries for a longer period than just a few weeks.
Estonia is a small European country with the population of only 1,3 millions inhabitants. The country is famous for its breathtaking nature, numerous lakes and beautiful medieval capital city – Tallinn. Furthermore, the country is often called Silicon Valley of Europe, since the IT and startup community is very strong here (for ex. Skype was founded in Estonia). Estonia is the first country in the world with more startups per inhabitant. An interesting fact is also that Internet access in Estonia is guaranteed as a right in its own constitution. About 50% of the country is covered with forests, therefore Estonia is one of the greenest countries in the world.
Estonia recently opened applications for Digital Nomad Visa.
- You must prove that you are a “digital nomad”.
- You have an active work contract with a company that is registered outside the country.
- You have to provide evidence that your income met the minimum threshold during the six months preceding the application. Currently, the monthly income threshold is €3,504 (gross of tax).
Furthermore, once you will get Estonia’s Digital Nomad Visa you can travel to other Schengen countries using the same visa.
You can apply for Estonia’s Digital Nomad Visa via this link.
Barbados is a small tropical island with the population of only 280,000 people. Barbadians are renowned for being very friendly and British English is the official language of the island, therefore it should be very easy to make friends here! An interesting fact about this small island is that the water in Barbados is very safe to drink as it is filtered naturally through coral limestone rock, isn’t that cool? The country is a tropical paradise, therefore If you love snorkeling, diving or surfing this place must be on your bucket list.
Barbados recently opened applications for 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp.
You can now live in Barbados for one year and work remotely, thanks to the Remote Work Visa. Barbados is calling this kind of visa: 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp.
- The visa costs $2,000 for individuals, and $3,000 for families. It is very easy to apply for a visa, you just need to submit the following documents electronically: passport sized photograph, bio data page of passport, proof of relationship of dependents, fill in the form and pay $2,000 or $3,000.
You can apply for 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp via this link.
Bermuda is an archipelago with the population of only 71,000 people. Similarly as in Barbados, English is the official language of Bermuda. Bermuda has a subtropical climate, and the average temperature for the year is 22°C. The archipelago is made up of over 150 smaller islands and rocks. There is only one bigger city in archipelago called Hamilton, that is also the capital of Bermuda. Do you like diving? Bermuda is a world class diving destination! A few funny facts about this beautiful place: You have to drive on the left – like in the UK, you can not rent a car – just a motor scooter and locals really do wear Bermuda shorts.
Bermuda recently opened applications for Work From Bermuda One Year Residential Certificate Authorisation.
Bermuda has released a 12-month remote work visa, which allows visitors to stay in the country for up to a year while working online. One of the biggest differences between the Bermuda and Barbados programs is the price. The Barbados Welcome Stamp program costs $2000, while the Work From Bermuda program only costs $263.
- You have to be over the age of 18.
- You have to demonstrate good character and not have conviction for an indictable offence.
- You have to possess valid health insurance.
- You have to demonstrate employment with a legitimate firm or their own company registered and operating overseas, which does not operate in Bermuda.
- You have to demonstrate sufficient means and/or continuous source of annual income without the need to engage in gainful employment in Bermuda.
You can apply for Work From Bermuda One Year Residential Certificate Authorisation via this link
Written by: Kristina Lukacova, a DN that enjoys good food, good wine and good vibes.